OPAH, DITL – Shopping and Parties

I was checking my e-mail yesterday morning while eating a bowl of cereal and noticed a comment from Pia inviting me to join OPAH, or One Photo An Hour (also, a Day In The Life — my first ever!). I thought this would be a fantastic idea and although I had already missed two hours since I’d woken, I starting taking pictures of my day.

OPAH - Photo Project 10:30 am

10:30 am – Washing the morning’s dishes before getting into the car to visit Gramma at the nursing home.

We got into the truck — Mom, the boys, Alaethia, John and I — and I sleepily drank my coffee while adjusting my seat. John made this stupid face, and said something funny while doing this stupid voice he always does and I literally spit my coffee out, all over my dash, center console, TV, cellphone and front seats. He was appalled that I’d just done that, as was I, and after I’d gotten over the shock sent him back to my house to get some towels. I would have taken a picture of the disaster but that was the last thing on my mind. I didn’t want the buttons of my TV to get stuck LOL.

OPAH - Photo Project 11:30 am

11:30 am – Arriving at the nursing home. We spent some time with Gramma. We called her nurse in since she was really uncomfortable and hot. I was a little concerned, since she’s usually really cold, but this time she was hot and her breathing was labored due to another cough. I hope she gets better soon. She’s been sick for 3 weeks already :(.

OPAH - Photo Project 12:30 pm

12:30 pm – Looking around for new books at the Thrift Store. I found 6 awesome books, 4 of them brand-new, and a tiny clear vase for $5!

OPAH - Photo Project 1:30 pm

1:30 pm – Shopping for new bras at Target. Not too thrilled with taking pictures of my Boobie Holders, like John said, but this is where I was at the time.

OPAH - Photo Project 2:30 pm

2:30 pm – Back at home and organizing my new books in my corner shelf.

OPAH - Photo Project 3:30 pm

3:30 pm – It looks like I’m subjecting her to torture, but I swear I’m not. Here we’re all getting ready to leave to Mary’s co-worker’s little girl’s birthday party.

OPAH - Photo Project 4:30 pm

4:30 pm – The boys playing games at the pizza place where the party was being held. They spent most of their time doing this, of course.

OPAH - Photo Project 5:30 pm

5:30 pm – Jaylen playing his harmonica (one of the prizes he got in exchange for his tickets) for me while I get our things together so that we can leave.

OPAH - Photo Project 6:30 pm

6:30 pm – Bathing Alaethia before getting myself ready for Albert’s birthday party Mario and I would be attending, alone!, that night.

OPAH - Photo Project 7:30 pm

7:30 pm – Reading my Harry Potter book (Order of the Phoenix) while en route to Mario’s workplace. John didn’t let me read much since he was making me laugh as always.

OPAH - Photo Project 8:30 pm

8:30 pm – A beautiful hanging ornament (I forget what these are called, I think it’s a thermometer of some kind), one of the many beautiful hanging things, displayed at the home where the party was being held. The house was beautiful. The deck we were on was like one out of a house on HGTV; there was a pond, extra deck with a pool table on it, a pool with a slide, and Ivys that were hiding frogs! Loud, croaking frogs!

OPAH - Photo Project 9:30 pm

9:30 pm – What the table in front of me looked like at 9:30. We also had cheese dip and chips and great conversation with Mario’s co-workers and their wives :).

OPAH - Photo Project 10:30 pm

10:30 pm – This picture was actually taken around 12:40 am, but this is basically what the night consisted of after 10:30: pictures, the men playing tricks on each other (Mario got at least 2 wedgies), the girls laughing at the crazy men and more pictures. I got distracted, what can I say? We went home shortly after this, where I drove because Mario was a little tipsy. Alaethia’d been a princess, according to Mother, and the boys were well-behaved, too. She woke up for a bottle around 1:20 and we slept till 6:40, then again till 8:30.

Today was spent mostly at home, with only a quick trip to McAllen for some Taco Bell for lunch. Paul came over so Mario was outside with him for most of the day doing boy things like installing radios and bar-b-q’ing hamburgers for dinner, and I was inside trying to console a moody Alaethia and fold her baby clothes (that took all day, no joke). I finished my Harry Potter book, finally and am ready to start on something new!


Leave a Reply