That One Time I Had Breast Reduction Surgery – Recovery Week 5

Wednesday, March 9 – Day 29 Post-Op

Not really sure when I’ll stop with the weekly updates. Maybe once the remains of that awful allergic reaction completely disappear. I still have a few non-severe patches of blisters, but they itch like hell. I used the last of my Benadryl 2 nights ago and hope that’s the last of it. Still applying Hydrocortisone only at night, but only on the spots that really kill me. There’s some drying skin on each boob. The vertical scars seem to be okay, don’t want to jinx myself. The small “T” intersection openings are still there, but seem to be scabbing over. My nips are doing well for the most part. And regarding pain: I only really get a few little pulses on the end of my right breast incision near my underarm. I get itchy there, too, but the rash seems to be gone. Must be the skin healing?

Getting into bed. Earliest all week. Had a hell of a day today–super long day. Started with a seminar and ended with a meeting. I had a migraine by the end of the day. It didn’t end after work since Emily has a birthday timeline project Mama decided to slack on. I never do this!

Anyway, going to meditate and soak up good vibes for tomorrow.

Sunday, March 13 – Day 33 Post-Op
I haven’t updated daily at all due to showering and going to bed during the work week after midnight. Thursday night was Eenan’s Open House at school and since it stormed that evening it took us forever to get home! Thankfully Jorge had ordered pizza and we had them eat and sent them to bed.

Friday was another late evening; getting out of work at 6pm, picking the kids up after 1 whole hour in traffic, then grocery shopping and making dinner afterwards. I was beat. But the best part was, there wasn’t anything alarming going on. I was mostly healing, didn’t even have any major itching or scabbing going on.

Then, yesterday morning, Emily had an epic fit outside (she wanted to run in the yard when the painters were painting the soffit/trim) and a simple “no” from me sent her into a downward spiral of rage. I don’t know what the heck happened. I tried taking her inside after she made faces at me and rolled her eyes and she bumped her head back and hit my boob 🙁 . Once on each side. I was in shock and literally had no idea what to do! She throws tantrums, but never like that. Jaylen and Eenan both moved me out of the way and Eenan brought her in, kicking, screaming, scratching. He put her in her room and I said, “Sorry you had to put up with that, beauts”. He said, “I’m used to it at Dad’s.” I cried, because I just didn’t know what the hell happened, or who my kid was at that moment and that my sons had to get in there and do my job for me. I felt defeated and like I somehow let down my 7-yr-old. She’s always so good, even with her diva tendencies. We talked about it later, and she apologized, but I just pray this isn’t going to be something that happens ever again.

I don’t know if it was that Emily hit me, or that I wore a new bra, but a patch of the rash that’s healing started oozing overnight. It’s really weird. I’m just relieved it’s that and not oozing from an incision.

Ok. Time to start the day.

Monday, March 14 – Day 34 Post-Op

So, I spoke too soon. The oozy rash remnants seem to have gotten worse throughout the day. They look angrier and oozier and seem to have spread to the vertical incisions that were healing so well 😳 . It’s depressing! I wore my cotton sports bra all day since last night after I showered, maybe that did it?? Or my boobs don’t like the gauze anymore? I only put it under the breast on top of each incision since the bra band rubs. I don’t know. I just want this all to stop. It worries me since I’m not on antibiotics anymore. I think I see my doc this week. It can’t come soon enough!

The new, oozy rash parts continued to itch all day. I had a busy day at work for the most part so it was mostly distracting. Michelle and I had a long afternoon of shopping for Latina Hope supplies (Michael’s–OMG, the sales! Walmart, Eva’s Silver Place downtown and Dollar Tree) and it was hot, so hopefully that didn’t make it worse. Jorge said the rash looked better when we got in the shower, but all I see is angry redness. Had to start with hydrocortisone again because the itch was intense. My doctor’s appointment is on Wednesday. I hope he can help. Took tomorrow off work to at least do something with the kids while they’re on Spring Break. Maybe Ben and Jerry’s or a movie.

Tuesday, March 15 – Day 35 Post-Op
Woke up feeling alright–a bit itchy, of course but ok otherwise. I keep trying to turn on my side during the night but I feel a tight pulling that snaps me onto my back immediately.

I lazied around after Jorge left to work and half of the kids woke up and we had cereal together. We watched HGTV (I JUST realized I didn’t have coffee this morning! *gasp*), then Linda arrived and the painter, too. Our house trim is now white and makes the brick look newer!

The kids that didn’t shower last night, showered and the rest got ready. Around 11am we left to Peter Piper Pizza. It was fun and my chesticles behaved themselves pretty well.


Then we stopped at HEB to get candies, because yes, I’m that mom. I refuse to pay $4 per box of candy that I can get for $0.97 😡 .

We went to the movies next and watched “Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Road Chip”. Thankfully, even the big kids liked it 🙂 .

We stopped at DQ on the way home because it was Free Cone Day. So we got those and drinks and chili cheese fries.


We got home and the girls, Justin, Jules and i went outside.


And then we went in to play Jenga.


And then I remembered Jaylen needed a haircut so we went. He got the MVP at Sports Clips since he usually doesn’t go to that location.

Got home, made dinner (fancy grilled cheese and fideo). And then we put the little ones to bed and got in the shower. My boobs still have the same rash; it even looks red and still itches. Let’s see what my doc says tomorrow.

One Comment

Leave a Reply