2 Weeks Old

I live for after 9pm. I love the silence. I love that most of the time, not always, everything that needed to be done for the day has been done and I can relax. I love that my ears get a rest from the screaming and giggling of 7- and 4-year-old boys, even though I do love to hear that giggling when the sun’s still out. I love that I can now dim the lights, turn on the TV for some white noise, check my favorite blogs from bed and snuggle up with my Little Bean while we wait for Daddy to get home. I just love it!

Today wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. I had some coffee in the morning to guarantee my awakeness on the way back home after dropping off Noelia at work. As extra insurance, I dragged Mom and Alaethia with me so Mom would talk to me and keep me entertained. We got home around 9:15 which gave Alaethia and I plenty of time to nap. I gave her a bottle, since she woke up as soon as we got home, and I kissed her little silky face until she closed her eyes. I felt like I’d just fallen asleep when I was jolted awake by the cutest laugh I’ve heard in my life. She laughed again a few minutes ago. She’s going to have a great laugh :).

The time came to pick Jaylen up from school and we came home. I was about to eat my microwaved left-overs when Mario calls and asks if we’d like to meet him for lunch. Of course we’d like to. I covered my food with foil and shoved it in the fridge and we were off.

It took much longer to get there than usual because of lunch-hour traffic. We had an hour to eat since Alaethia had her 2nd physical appointment at 2pm, so we picked up some Taco Bell and went to a nice park nearby. It was such a nice day; warm and breezy. Jaylen had lunch at school, so he ate a few Cinnamon Twists and played on the slide. Alaethia slept, well, like a baby and we ate our Fake Mexican Food, as Mario likes to call it. We finished up and I rushed home as fast (and carefully) as I could so we could make it to the appointment. Got there 16 minutes late and they saw us just as I had to leave to pick up Eenan and Brandon, but Mom stayed with her and we got another clean bill of health. She’s 2 weeks old, now weighs 7 lbs. 5 oz., is still 19 inches long, the little red dots she’s developed on her chin are normal, her belly-button hasn’t completely healed, but that’s okay; and the white stuff on her tongue is milk like I’d assumed and some water will clean it right up. It’s amazing that this is my 3rd child and I still don’t know it all, have forgotten common-sense things and still have dozens of questions to ask.

I waited till Eenan did his homework, which he didn’t finish till 5:30, and then John, Alaethia and I left to the mall so I could make my JC Penny payment and so John could buy a DS. The boys didn’t want to go, as usual, so they stayed with Mom at home.

We spent a good hour and a half at the mall only to find out that the darn game stores didn’t have anything John wanted to buy. The boy finally makes a decision to buy something and they don’t have it. Alaethia was great the whole trip and while we were at the mall. And her stroller? Best stroller I’ve ever owned, ever. It’s super easy to manuever and is really light. Eenan’s Graco one and Jaylen’s Eddie Bauer were so hard to turn and weighed a ton. This is a nice change :).

We made it home at 7:45 and Alaethia woke up for a bottle. I fed her, burped her, laid her down in her bassinet and got the boys into the shower, made dinner and after feeding the boys put them to bed. And now Mario’s here and it’s almost 12 and I should have been in bed an hour ago. At least I don’t have to go anywhere in the morning, well besides dropping off the boys, and can cuddle up with Alaethia to get some extra sleep. Who knew transitioning into a family of 5 would be so awesome?

P.S. Windows vista isn’t bad at all. I love that it’s got a Google Desktop bar on the right side with a note pad, a little window that updates me on blogs I’ve visited and how long ago they updated and the weather’s there, too! My battery had run out a few minutes ago and the computer shut down on me. I was about to rip my hair out thinking I lost my blog but it’d backed everything up when I turned it back on! I don’t know if all other laptops do that or not, but that’s pretty damn awesome.


Leave a Reply