Always on the Go

I’m going to love tomorrow. So far, I have absolutely nothing planned, and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve been out and about since Friday.

Mario accompanied me to my doctor’s appointment on Friday morning. Mom watched the boys for us. It took forever for them to call us, but I’d rather they take long calling us than having to spend all that time driving to another doctor. We found out I’m 7 weeks along (since Saturday) and my estimated due date is January 28th. Since Mom and Dad both have diabetes, my next appointment’s going to be the one where they give me that really sweet orange drink and check me for diabetes. They usually don’t do that till the 28th week or something like that, but I guess since both my parents have it they’re doing it the 12th week.

I won’t be getting a sonogram till 16 weeks and oh my gosh, I can’t wait! I can’t wait to just hear the heartbeat; I’ll hopefully get to hear it on the dopplar (sp?) during my 12th week appointment. Just like my other pregnancies, it won’t feel totally “real” till I hear that heartbeat.

It still catches me by surprise that I’m pregnant. I can’t believe it. And as the days pass, I’m getting more and more excited about meeting this little person. Mario’s super thrilled. I didn’t think he was going to be as excited as I am, but I find him talking about the baby whenever we’re having a quiet moment :).

We had Whataburger after my appointment on Friday, then went to watch Cars. I LOVED it! Mader was adorable :). Larry the Cable guy’s hilarious to begin with so he did a great job as Mader. The kids loved the movie, too. Jaylen ended up falling asleep at the end of the movie since it was sort of long, but he was all into the parts he got to see.

We went to Wal-Mart afterwards but I can’t really remember for what.

The next morning was Matthew’s Baptism. Jaylen was the only one who went with me, Eenan didn’t want to go. There were SO many Baptisms–I didn’t know they did mass Baptisms like that. I swear, there were like 20 babies/kids waiting to be Baptised.

I brought Jaylen home so that mom could watch him while I paid some bills. John went with me to the mall so I could pay my JC Penny personal plan payment and then we walked around. I tried looking for something for Mario for Father’s Day, but that boy doesn’t drop hints at all and he’s so picky I can’t just *pick* something for him.

We got hungry so I got a strawberry/banana smoothie from Frulatti Cafe and then we ate at McDonald’s. We came home and then I got the kids ready for a graduation dinner Mario’s aunt and uncle were having for their son, Oscar. I was sort of jittery about going, since I expected Mario’s grandma Ofelia to tease me about having a third child. (She had 14 herself–wow!) Everyone was really excited about the pregnancy, though! And we also found out two of Mario’s cousins are expecting as well and one of them’s having TWINS! Craziness. I start freaking out a little thinking, “Oh God, is it a possibility?! Maybe that’s why my pants already don’t fit!” But nah, I think twins are a zero to none possibility for us.

The food was great at the dinner, the presentation was sweet, and the kids behaved exceptionally well. Mary was a lifesaver and picked up crayons and coloring books at the Dollar General before we left for the party. Everyone was impressed with how well behaved they were.
If only the little boogers were like that all the time!

I went with Mary and Noelia to Cindy’s bridal shower the next day. It was at a really nice restaurant. The games were all entertaining and the whole atmosphere at the restaurant was just really nice. They had tangerine iced tea, the salad was sweet (it had raspberries and mandarin oranges in it), I had Mango Chicken with Alfredo pasta (both were SO good!), and then dessert was some flan-type stuff but it was raspberry flavored with some tart raspberry sauce on top. We talked with the cousins and everyone congratulated us on the pregnancy. We even had a conversation about Myspace! It was really nice seeing everyone. I thought the way the tea was presented was so pretty, and the centerpieces contained real flowers!

Mary and Noelia dropped me off with Mario. He still had an hour to get out of work, so I chatted on the phone with Mayra for about an hour (the usual time our conversations last LOL). When he got out, we went to eat at Chilli’s since he hadn’t eaten lunch at all. I had some strawberry lemonade and some nachos since I was stuffed from the bridal shower. Mario had a Philly Cheese Steak he was craving and some buffalo wings. We had a great time talking, then headed off to Circuit City, where we got the kids a new Xbox controller and Cars game and then to Target, just to look around. I ended up buying some brown throw pillows to match the rug. I want to go back for some teal-colored satin pillows with a brown butterfly appliqued on it. It would match the rug and tile perfectly. I still need to remember to buy my khaki futon cover. The room will almost look complete after I get the cover. I just hate that they’re so darn expensive!

As for today, I got the kids and myself ready and we, along with Mom, went to get the license plate stickers for the Sentra. It didn’t take long at all, so we went to visit Mario and I asked him if he wanted to go eat lunch. It was only 11:45, and he doesn’t eat till 1 so we went to Papa John’s to get some pizza. It took forever for them to make it but it gave us enough time to eat and then take a Medium pizza to Mario for his lunch. It was delicious. And they didn’t even ask me for the coupon I had LOL.

After dropping the pizza off to Mario, we went to Wal-Mart. I got some bread and fruits I was craving and Mom got what she needed and then we came home. I took a good 1 hour nap–I felt so exhausted. Lisa came over to Mary’s last night and I went over there after doing my chores. We talked about weddings and kids and all that jazz. It was cool.

Blah. I feel exhausted now and that’s because I just ate a while ago. You’d think I’d have more energy after eating Raviolli.

I just remembered: the kids need haircuts so I’ll have to end up leaving the house tomorrow. Darn. At least the salon’s down the street. Then Wednesday I have an appointment to get the mole on my neck removed (finally!) and I have to take Mom to her diabetes specialist on Thursday. It never ends!


Leave a Reply