Hearts In Eyes

Mario and I were debating for a while whether we should fix up our old e-machines desktop computer and that day we finally decided to buy the hard drive it needed to work again. The moms stayed with the kiddos while we went to Office Max, where we saw a 500g ATA hard drive on sale for $99 in the ads. We got the hard drive and Norton. Turned out we got the wrong hard drive. We were starving, so we decided to exchange it after we ate. Mario asked where I wanted to go and I hinted Kumori, but I knew he wouldn’t want to go. But then he starts turning into the lane and he stops at Kumori! I was thrilled. It was turning out to be such a great day. The weather was nice and overcast and I just love days like that.

We ordered some spicy calamari and Mario got some Yakimeshi Beef (fried rice with beef and veggies). He loved it. I joked that I’d probably starve if I had to eat rice with chopsticks all the time; my rice kept falling all over the place.

I ordered my usual rolls, the Fiesta Rolls. Mario couldn’t decide what he wanted. He said he liked the rolls I took him a while back, the Earth Rolls, which consist of fried rice, spicy shrimp, veggies and cream cheese but he hates cream cheese. I told him he could just order without it. That’s what I do—order my Fiesta Rolls without the fried salmon skin, yuck. We had a really nice time, just us in the quiet, dark restaurant enjoying the rain that had just started pouring. I couldn’t stop grinning at him across the table. I was still in complete disbelief that we’d spent three whole days together (well, half of Friday since I was working). But still, it was fantastic!

We went back to exchange the hard drive but ended up returning altogether because they didn’t have the one we needed. It was quickly starting to flood; one thing I don’t miss about living in McAllen. Adan told us to go to Comp USA because they most likely carried the ATA hard drive we needed. I hadn’t been to Comp USA at all since they relocated. The store’s HUGE. We found a 400gig for $79! I was in love.

We went to Walmart to get another DVD shelf to match the nice one we bought a few months ago. The old one we had was rickety and I was terrified that it would fall on top of Alaethia, since she has this obsession with ruining my DVDs at the moment. We got a few more things we needed and then went to H-E-B for groceries. We got home, I cleaned up, did laundry, dishes, and all the other housework. Got the kids in the shower and didn’t even iron. I packed myself some Hot Pockets for work, which I was craving. They’re livesavers. Adan and Mario were chilling outside with Jorge and Jose by the time we went to bed. Aly wouldn’t go to sleep at all; Mom let her sleep while we were in town. We were up till 1am! Then she woke me up at 3:30 for a glass of milk. I couldn’t fall back to sleep and just tossed and turned. I hate that! Needless to say I was exhausted in the morning!

Leave a Reply