Speeding Things Along

Wow. I really do have pregnancy brain. I’m trying to collect my thoughts so I can construct an entry about yesterday and I really can’t remember what the heck I did. Hmm…

If I remember correctly I had a quick lunch of a Rice Crispies Treat and some pineapples. It’s so weird; I’ve had no appetite during lunch for the past week or so. I have to force myself to eat something since I don’t get hungry at lunchtime, but then I’m eating dinner early around 4:30-5:30.

I also sort of forgot to eat since I was trying to tidy up my messy bedroom. I really need to get Mario to get help me put all the stuff that belongs in the closet in there. The room had been looking so nice after Sally came and helped me with it on New Year’s Eve, and now it’s back to looking horrible.

I made sure the boys did homework after they’d had their afternoon snack (banana bread). Well, Jaylen had already done his at school. Eenan’s was fast. They did some chores (Jaylen really wants to start getting paid for chores; he says he’ll do anything LOL) and then went off to play. They’re doing amazingly well now that we’ve gotten into a routine of not playing video games during the week.

I see a cloudy gap for about an hour after the boys got home. I might have read…or gotten online? I can’t remember. I started getting all the ingredients out for the spaghetti and meatballs I was making for dinner and then I texted Mario around 6:30 to ask where he was (he gets out about an hour earlier) and he said they were already driving in. Jorge was with him. I had chatted with Maggie on Yahoo earlier in the day and she wanted us to go over, but she’d gotten busy so they were going to visit again. No problem for me.

It took forever to work on the food but I called the guys in when it was done, they ate, the kids ate and I followed them outside to eat in the cool breeze. I couldn’t get relief inside the house; the air conditioning is on and the fan was facing right at me and I still couldn’t stop sweating.

So I ate out there and Alaethia played around. Adan and Aide got here with Belle and we just sat around talking. Jorge started feeling really ill, then Mario’s stomach started to hurt and I got like, 4 strong contractions. My contractions went away (poo), Mario felt better but Jorge still wasn’t feeling good at all. When Maggie got here they left right away. The rest of us stayed outside for a while and then came in once the mosquitoes started biting.

We chilled out a while and then Adan, Aide and Belle left. Alaethia was nodding off watching TV so I got into the shower. Mario and I spent some alone time together trying to uh, hurry the contractions along, heh and then we all went to bed. I had to “tickle” Alaethia’s face (run my fingers slowly and softly over her eyes and all over her face) in order for her to fall asleep.

I woke up 5 minutes late this morning and made breakfast. I didn’t know what I was going to make but BACON stood out in my mind. I scrambled some eggs, toasted the bacon, got some slices of cheese out, some refried beans and corn tortillas. I really wanted flour ones but someone seems to have stolen them again. That, or they were used up during one of our many weekly bar-b-q’s.

So I made these really awesome tacos and packed them for Mario along with his lunch. He left and I made myself a glass of chocolate milk to go with my tacos, and opened up New Moon and read for an uninterrupted hour.

Mary called right after I finished breakfast and filled me in on the gossip. I washed dishes while we talked (it always goes faster when someone’s talking with you) and then I texted Mario to let him know about the gossip LOL. I closed up Yahoo and then went to wake up Alaethia. My mistake is laying next to her when I’m going to wake her up so I pass out. Same thing happened again today LOL. I slept for half an hour and then the phone rang (wrong number, I HATE THAT!) and I slept for another half hour before I was rudely awaken by the doorbell ringing about 20 times in a row. It was my dear brother.

I scooped Alaethia up in my arms and forced her awake after that. She had breakfast (not very much of it) and John and I just chatted and then we made plans to go to the mall so I could do some walking. I really want to have this baby on Friday. Not only is it an even numbered day, it’s the weekend! If Mario misses tomorrow it’s okay, and then he has two days to spend with me and the baby. I would be perfect.

So I picked up the boys. Made sure they had their snacks and then Eenan started working on homework (Jaylen finished his at school again). I went to a quick appointment while Mom and John stayed with the kids and then came back and John and I left to the mall.

I parked at Sears, which is on the opposite side of the store I needed to go to: JC Penny. I got some good exercise. I had to return one of Emily’s Carter outfits–because she has the exact same one in the exact same size–but it wasn’t from any of the stores I went to. They told me to try Macy’s, Beall’s, and Toys R Us. I’d rather just keep the darn thing LOL.

I had a $10 coupon I wanted to use (I love those) and found some amazing discounts on PJ’s. I actually wanted to find a nice blouse for after delivery to go with my new black sweat pants, but I found a pink tank and two cute PJ bottoms instead. I only paid $15 out of my own pocket after the coupon :).

We rushed to Mario’s work, because he asked me to pick him up, and then we came home. John had the rest of the banana bread and some lemonade and went home. I made dinner (steak and corn-on-the-cob) and I must say, it was delicious. The steak we got was really tender and just good. Alaethia ate ALL her steak, surprisingly, but left all the corn. Well, it’s not much of a surprise; she’s a meat-eater like her dad.

So after that we just chilled out (Mario and Aly watched George Lopez and I read) and now I’m waiting to put the laundry in the dryer. I’m hoping tomorrow’s the big day! I need to go to sleep early to finish up my chores, just in case *crosses fingers*!

One Comment

Leave a Reply