Parade of Homes, Celosias, & Sock Puppets

Sunday, April 29th – We woke up around 10ish and lazily sprawled on the bed. We contemplated what we’d be having for breakfast (or rather, what I’d be cooking, heh) and we both decided: let’s go buy barbacoa!!

So we washed up, got ready and started the hour-long journey. We found a store about a mile away that had barbacoa. We wanted a cup of menudo, too, but by the time we got to the beginning of the line, we found out they’d sold their last large cup. Grrr. So we drove all the way to Mission where Jorge knew for sure that they had some. I was just praying that we’d find some before noon, which is when most places stop serving. But we went to Taco Ole and they did have some and although we had to wait a while. As we’re driving home I can’t help but remember that I hadn’t been logging my calories/carbs/sugars like I had been . And this breakfast would most definitely throw me over my calories…so maybe it was just better NOT to log them, heh.

Sunday Breakfast :)

Breakfast was delicious. Many people don’t like menudo, or think it’s gross, but I love it. The boys loved it and I had to scold mom to stop eating so much. “Your cholesterol!!” LOL. It’s not often we have barbacoa and menudo, so it was a nice change.

We did some stuff around the house and then got ready to go to the Parade of Homes. You follow a map to all these beautiful homes and get ideas, contact decorators, home theatre installers, pool installers, etc.; or apply to build, and so on. Some of Jorge’s work was being showcased and he wanted to see what the competitors were doing. I wanted to see his work and the décor. I LOVE looking at homes!

The boys didn’t want to go and asked to stay with Mom. Mom said, “Just leave them here,” so we told them it was fine since it’s something they probably wouldn’t enjoy.

We saw 4 houses I believe. They were all near the house. I was amazed by the decor in some and majorly impressed by the homes that had an entrance that would lead into a courtyard with a pool and then into the main house. Those were gorgeous. And the bathrooms in some? Holy shizz, it was like I’d died and gone to heaven. I’d post the photos of the 2 that I actually took, but they were crappy and weirdly angled since we weren’t’ really allowed to take photos :P.

I have to say I was really impressed with Jorge’s projects. I know he excels at what he does, but when you see it in person, it’s nothing short of amazing :).

And speaking of, we saw some of his competitors’ work; sweet Jesus. Makes you wonder if they left wires hanging out or hung screens/TVs wrong or left a mess in the racks just so they wouldn’t get business .

So we finished seeing the houses. Got wrong directions to another one, so instead we went to Ross to buy…who knows what. I don’t even remember. I do remember that we both got annoyed with the crowds and started snapping at each other. So we got out of there and we sat in silence all the way to Walmart, where we were getting some stuff for lunch. As we walk in Jorge says, “You want to look at the flowers?” and then I couldn’t be annoyed anymore, heh. We bought some Dwarf Celosias (which the girls fondly refer to as Lorax Trees. Eenan corrected us later: “They’re called Truffulas” :)).

We got home, made lunch, and later I planted my flowers.

My new Dwarf Celosias

When I stood back, hands on hips, admiring my work Jorge comes over and stands next to me. He says, “The neighbors must think, ‘Look at that woman, glorifying that stump'”. I turn and smack him playfully on the arm. “My stump is beautiful!” I say.

Monday, April 30th – We were surprised the next morning with breakfast at Denny’s with our boss. Michelle and I drove to work together and I had this baby:

Breakfast at Denny's

Totally didn’t even bother logging it into my calorie counter because, frankly, I DID NOT WANT TO KNOW.

We went back to work and I had a light lunch since I was still full from breakfast.

When I got home I did my usual ritual, which is walk through the door, hug and kiss the girls, go to my bedroom and then bathroom to change into comfy clothes followed by both girls, put my hair in a pony tail and proceed to the kitchen to figure out what to make for dinner. The girls brought little socks to me and begged for sock puppets. So I waited on dinner and brought out my glue gun, yarn, flowers from my scrapbooking stash, and buttons for the eyes. I got to work, cutting, sewing, gluing and they were thrilled.

By the time I was done with the sock puppets, I felt SUPER lazy. I didn’t know WHAT to make for dinner. I whipped something up, Jorge got home, we ate, the girls stayed with Mom while we grocery shopped and then we got home and unloaded groceries. I bathed the girls and got them ready for bed while my love made me his famous Margaritas. I put the girls in bed and joined him on the sofa, where he popped open a bottle of Shiner Ruby Redbird and we watched DVR’d The Voice.

Homemade mango & strawberry

Leave a Reply