Out And About

Mario didn’t end up going in to work . They had some other guy go in instead. He even felt kind of guilty for not going in, but he figured he’d take — and enjoy — his day off since he probably won’t be getting one for the next month.

I slept in till 10am today. I hadn’t slept till 10am in so long! It was nice . Mario’d been up since 8am but let us sleep. We ate breakfast, then Mario was outside with Vito again, who was trying to add new parts to the Prelude. When they were done, (it was already lunchtime), we left to town. Mario hadn’t eaten so we decided we’d go to Joe’s Crab Shack. I was excited about going there since I *love* seafood and I’d never been there. But unfortunately, it was packed and the seating hostess was super rude; she didn’t even acknowledge us, much less write us in, so we left. We went to Red Lobster, which was super full too, but they wrote us in right away and told us it would be a 25 minute wait. The boys were okay–not too hyper and they actually listened the first time they were told to do something. It was the best service I’ve ever had at a restraunt in all my life. She brought our drinks very quickly, our appetizer & food quickly, checked up on us frequently, and even laughed at Eenan’s jokes . The food was to die for (I’d never eaten at Red Lobster, either). For once, I ordered without adding the cost up in my head (ok, I did, but I did it without feeling nervous). Everything was really good. Mario’d wanted calamari for the longest time, so he ordered some with breaded broccoli and red peppers with shredded motzerella cheese on top. It was GOOD. Even Eenan and Jaylen had some. They loved their chocolate smoothies and popcorn shrimp and fries. Mario and I ordered the same thing: shrimp with crab meat, crawfish and lobster meat too (I think) covered in some tasty sauce and CHEESE with a baked potato. Mmmm…I’m getting hungry again just thinking about it. It was awesome. I can’t wait to go back for our anniversary next month (if all goes well) .

We went to the Sprint store to exchange Noelia’s phone, but the lady said they couldn’t just sell us another phone at sale price like they used to; we’d have to pay full price. And on top of that it was going to take forever, so we left. Went to Target to get Mario more jeans and then Pet Smart to get the rats’ food. After that, we went to Best Buy to get some DVD-Rs and a charger for Mario’s phone. We visited Gramma for a while (well, only Jaylen and I got off to see her, Eenan had been misbehaving so Mario stayed with him in the car). We got there and the first thing I noticed were her neighbors belongings all boxed up and I asked her what happened. She said the lady had passed away on Thursday. How sad . It scared me so much to think Gramma might not be here one day. I wish I could visit her more often. I hadn’t seen her in almost a month! We talked and caught up. Even had a laugh when a little old man in a wheelchair tried escaping through the back door and another little old lady started yelling, “Woooooo hoooooo!” LOL. I noticed Gramma’s even put more weight on. Her face and arms look fuller . I really hope we can get the Prelude running, and then my license soon so I can have the Sentra to myself and I can drive over there and see Gramma more often.

We went to Wal-mart after that to pick up groceries, house supplies, and wall mounts for the surround sound. Then to K-Mart to buy the towels that are on sale (we still have the same towels from when we got married almost 6 years ago, we’ve only bought towels once before ). After that, we finally came home and I helped Mario install the wall mounts. We rearranged the living room and now it’s so spacey. I don’t know why it never occured to us to arrange everything like this before!

Mario went to Jorge’s for a little bit and I fed the kids, bathed them, then read them some stories and put them to bed. Had some trouble with Eenan who insisted there were black widow spiders in his bed and biting him . He went to lay on my bed and then screamed that something burned him on the toe. He finally fell asleep when I threatened to turn off the night light and close the door (he likes it open since he can see the light from the living room). And now I’m here, making Mario’s MP3 disc while he’s sprawled on the couch enjoying his surround sound LOL. Oh and good news: my teeth don’t hurt! I actually ate and drank cold drinks without feeling a shot of pain. Hopefully I won’t need a root canal after all. *crosses fingers*

Pee-yew…I need a shower .

on Monday, February 21st, Lauren said:

i looooooooove sleeping late! its such a great feeling indeed! ๐Ÿ˜›

on Monday, February 21st, tuan said:

i haven’t slept in till 10 in ages either ๐Ÿ™ the downside of working full time boohoo ๐Ÿ™