Guys. I’m crazy about this Keto Pizza Dip. I’d been thinking about the dip John made for us when he lived here; it was the creamiest, best thing ever. I sorta still remembered the gist of what he did, but I knew he used the stove-top and the oven and ain’t nobody got time for dat!!
It was around 2:30pm when I got home and I was hungry. So I got to work!
This is a really forgiving recipe, as you’ll be able to tell from my ingredients 😆 . It’s very versatile and you can add/omit ingredients as you see fit.
A 2-cup microwave-safe dish (I have an awesome little Anchor Hocking one)
Either 2 slices of cheese of your choice (I used gouda) or 1/4 cup of mozzarella
2 Tblsp. heavy whipping cream
A few dashes of: pepper or peppercorns, garlic powder, Italian Seasoning, and oregano
2 Tblsp. cream cheese, softened
1 Tblsp. sour cream
1 Tblsp. shredded or grated parmesan
A small stack of pepperonis, about 8-10 slices, cut into 4ths
A small bunch of green onions, snipped into thin rings
A good handful of fresh spinach, chopped
1-2 Tblsp. of nacho jalapenos
2 Tblsp. of bacon pieces or bits
2 Tblsp. Fransisco Rinaldi spaghetti sauce (has 3 net carbs and 2 g of sugar)
A handful of shredded cheese (mozzarella, or your choice) for the “topping”
3 additional pepperonis for the “topping”
Place your slices of cheese or 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and heavy whipping cream into your 2-cup bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds.
Mix the cheese/heavy cream mixture and mix in your parmesan.
Then mix in your spices.
Next, stir in your softened cream cheese and sour cream.
Once everything is nice and incorporated, mix in your chopped meats and veggies, making sure to mix well and then “flatten” your mixture with a spoon.
Now, don’t dig in just yet!! Top the “flattened” mixture with a layer of sauce.
Then take your handful of shredded cheese and top the sauce with it (I only had a Mexican Blend on hand, but it worked!).
Top your cheese with the 3 pepperonis and microwave the mix for 1 1/2 minutes. Since microwave ovens vary, check for over-bubbling. You don’t want to burn your dip!
Grab some chicharrones, crispy pepperonis, celery, or even wings and gobble up this ridiculous dip!
My poor, neglected blog! What can I say; I can barely find time to breathe. –Alright, so that’s a bit melodramatic, but it’s close to true!
I can honestly say I’ve been 100% dedicated to Keto and spend a lot of time cooking and grocery shopping (the BAIN of my existence), or reading (the same darn book “Eat Fat, Get Thin” by Dr. Mark Hyman, for a month, because: TIME), or spending time with the kids or helping Jorge with projects or you know: working or sleeping 🙄 . The usual. I’ve had little to no time to work out because I’m usually EXHAUSTED. And obviously, no time to blog 😕 .
I also recently bought some new succulents. I have to admit that I’ve been terrible at taking care of my outdoor ones 😕 . Some died!! ONLY I would kill a cactus!!
I hope I can keep them alive 🙁 !
Anyway, my days usually go something like this:
– Wake up around 6:00am or 6:30am. Snooze the alarm till 7:00am. IF I’ve already showered the night before. Otherwise I’m S.O.L. and HAVE to get up by at least 6:30am, whether I like it or not.
– Start finding clothes to wear and fight with my hair. It’s the longest it’s ever been and sometimes doesn’t cooperate when I’m going with my natural curl. (I don’t have time, nor can I justify spending $35 on my cut when I’ve got bills to pay and groceries to buy. #momprobs)
– Put my charger and phone in my bag. Go to the kitchen and make either 90-Second Bread or microwaved bacon and boiled eggs…and that’s about it 😆 ! Those are the fastest things to make, even though it usually makes me later to work! Also: make my HWC coffee with Torani Sugar Free syrups. I recently tried Bulletproof Coffee for the first time this round of Keto and it was pretty good, but my coffee itself was a really strong one, so I didnt enjoy it as much as I could have.
– Anyway. I then throw all of my breakfast items into a bag, remember to take my supplements or pack some to take to work (Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc and Potassium), then I scrounge for whatever’s in the fridge that I can take to lunch. I’ve cut down on eating out A LOT and try to make enough dinner to take as leftovers the next day. Otherwise, I’ll throw whatever’s on hand together (today for example is a spinach salad with leftover meat from Taco Tuesday, sliced almonds, queso fresco, and bacon pieces.)
– Grab the rest of my bags, kiss the kiddos if any of them are awake (today, 3 of the 5 that are with us this week were awake. Jorgie and Justin are still at their Grandma Dina’s in Austin), then I get all my shit in the car and begin doing my make-up while listening to John Jay and Rich.
-Run back inside because I forgot something.
-Back in the car, do my makeup on the way to work (at stop lights and stop signs, I’m not irresponsible!)
– Get to work (already about 30-40 minutes late), say hi to my peeps, and come upstairs. I unload all my bags, get situated with my coffee and breakfast and take photos of my food for my Keto Instagram.
Confession: Part of ignoring my blog is because I spend A LOT of time on that IG. Even my Snapchat, personal IG and Facebook are suffering. 😆 I keed, I keed. But really, I’m posting more on my Keto IG than anywhere else.
– Spend the morning catching up on things at work, usually e-mails, or doing some type of artwork for something, or shopping somewhere or uploading stuff to Facebook for work, or turning in bills, or getting signatures, or updating some file. Sounds easy enough, but then there’s phone calls and visits and tons of other shit that gets in the way. This is right now during summer. Later, when my events start, I’ll shrivel up and die from stress and sadness. Because of all this, I usually take my lunch around 1:00pm instead of noon 🙄 .
– Luckily, I’m usually not hungry till that time anyway (yay, Keto!), so it’s ok. I get my lunch together and snap some photos of it, eat really quickly because someone calls me downstairs, and finish up my work day, usually repeating the aforementioned.
– Get out of work and go straight to Gramma’s. She’d been doing a lot better after her Bell’s Palsy episode, but now she’s been overcome by anxiety in the strangest way. She keeps saying she’s scared and nervous that she’ll fall off the bed, to the point that she told us she was hysterically screaming and couldn’t control herself, which is very unlike her. She seemed confused about it and even asked me, “Why was that happening?” when I was with her yesterday. It makes me sad that she feels that way 🙁 . So I’m trying my hardest to see her everyday after work, just to calm her, even if the commute is sort of annoying due to all the construction on the expressway.
– Leave Gramma’s around 6:30pm and usually head to HEB or Walmart because we ran out of SOMETHING I didn’t get the day before 😡 .
– If I’ve shopped, I’m heading home around 7:30pm, never fails.
– Get home and change into work out clothes–though it’s usually all for show because I NEVER GET TO WORK OUT.
– Then I watch some show in the kitchen with a few of the kids (“My 600 Lb. Life”, “Catfish”, “Fixer Upper”, etc.), defrost/cook usually 2 separate meals (Keto & non-Keto for the kids–although sometimes they’ll eat our Keto meals, like cheeseburger casserole or loaded cauliflower casserole) and it’s probably about 8:30pm to 9:30pm before we all sit down to eat. Hubs arrives from work around this time 🙁 .
– Then, all the kiddos settle down and play their video games, YouTube Games or torture the cats with love and Jorge and I try and spend at least 1 hour together, on the couch, watching a show (currently, it’s “La Reyna del Sur”). OR, if the kids want to get in the swimming pool, I get to clean said pool with the sifter because we have a beautiful bastard of a bamboo tree that likes to shed all over the place 😡 . So this is probably ending around 10:00pm.
– Then, if it’s early enough, Jorge and I will catch another episode. THEN, at whatever unGodly time it is, I shower and do my nightly routine (brush teeth, mouth guard (so sexy), wash face, exfoliate if necessary, rub tea tree oil all over my face, dab Benzaclin on any existing zits (even sexier). Take my probiotic and sleep.
So there you have it. I’m sure I’ve missed some things (you know, bathroom breaks and whatnot, or detangling a child’s hair, or hugs and snuggles with the kids or cats), but that’s my day in a nutshell.
BUT YESTERDAY!! Jorge got home while I was sifting the pool for the kids and he got in to finish sifting and I found the perfect opportunity to escape and work out! Jaylen was out there with me. We did P90X Arms and Shoulders and Ab Ripper–and I freaking survived!! I did the entire hour and 15 minutes of the work out. I couldn’t make it through back when I did it in December (that was the last time I worked out hard, not just running/walking).
I’m at Gramma’s now with Mom. The kiddos left for the week with Mario 😥 . Hoping to make dinner and work out. Or work out first, then dinner. We’ll see.
[Later on:] Ended up doing 30 minutes of Yoga! Woo! My body feels like it’s been hit by a truck!
I’ll leave you with a few of my most recent Keto meals and my 1-month progress pic.
I started Keto again April 30, 2017. I’m holding steady at 117 lbs, but I’d like to make it to 110 (I’m only 4’11”, calm down). Which is why I’d like to stick with P90X and not just running once or twice a week. This was probably the more “dramatic” change. Another is being able to wear my favorite shorts again, 1) because they fit, and 2) because the cellulite on my thighs has almost completely disappeared!!
I’ll try to keep up with the blog! Have several recipes to add!
I am seriously obsessed with this low-carb almond bread, y’all. I searched high and low (ok, maybe just on Pinterest) and found this beauty.
I’m still doing Keto (and hope to stay on board as long as possible) so I definitely miss my sandwiches and biscuits. I had tried several almond bread recipes before, where you bake them, but this one right here is a game changer! Not only can you make sandwiches, you can use it for eggs Benedict, or as a biscuit!! AND–it cooks in the microwave in 90-fricken-seconds! I decided to add this to my recipes since I’ve been handing it out like hotcakes since I posted it on Instagram!
A mug, fork, extra bowl
1.5 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 half-twist of sea salt from a grinder (optional, original recipe didn’t have it but I like salty bread)
Melt your butter for about 20-30 seconds in a wide mug in the microwave. Then, mix in your 3 tbsp. of almond flour and your 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
Whisk up the egg in a separate bowl and mix it into your butter & dry ingredients in your mug until very well-blended and most big clumps disappear.
Microwave the mug mix for 90 seconds and take your mug out of the microwave carefully when done. The “bread” should have already separated a bit from the sides of the mug, but if it’s still attached in some areas, take a butter knife and carefully separate the bread from the mug.
Usually, just flipping it onto a plate makes it pop out just fine.
Then comes the hard part: deciding how you want to devour your bread!!
The best part: this recipe should be about 5 carbs (I double-checked! It’s actually less than 3 carbs for the biscuit! It’s 5 carbs with the Snickers SF jam and Laura Scudder’s peanut butter!)! (1 “normal” flour biscuit has about 25-40!!)