Mario’s Party & Falling Stars

So I never finished up the previous entry. Are you really surprised? LOL

I cleaned up the house the next morning (Sat. Nov. 14th) and we had everyone over that night to watch the Paquiao fight. The guys set up the projector and screen outside and once everyone had eaten (I’d made enchiladas and Mary made carne guisada, beans and rice) we all went outside to watch the fight. It was becoming a little cool and there were mosquitoes, and Mario luckily still hasn’t put up our mosquito net in the bedroom after all these years so I laid Emily down in her stroller and covered it in the net. She slept peacefully and once she woke up everyone passed her around. All the kiddos were playing inside while we watched the fight. I hadn’t noticed just HOW MUCH they’d played until I went into Alaethia’s room the next morning (she still sleeps in her toddler bed in our bedroom) and saw the disaster. I could almost hear the “Psycho” theme song.

We watched “Yes Man” when the fight was over. I love Jim Carrey! I love the Red Bull part in that movie buahaha.

We slept in a little and had barbacoa at Mary’s that Mom had bought. Then we went to church. I love Sunday mornings like that :). I woke Mario up after church and we went to watch “2012”. It was just Mario, Mary, myself and Emily; the other kiddos would have been terrified of that movie. BUT the show was sold out so we ate at Whataburger and then saw the movie. It was good. Kinda makes you wonder about that whole thing. Mario’s really into the 2012 thing. In my opinion, I think it’ll be something like the Y2K thing. A lot of drama for nothing. Let’s hope I’m right, heh!

We went to Dinah’s house that evening to visit Brianna and her new baby. She’s so cute and little, but she’s chunky for a newborn! Very cute.

The cold front had come in the next morning, which is always nice. All 4 kiddos had dentist appointments that day so I picked up the boys after school and took them straight over there. I took Mom with me since they separate all the kids. Wouldn’t want to leave any of them alone in the lobby when it was Alaethia’s or Emily’s turn. Eenan got that same tooth refilled, Jaylen had two fillings done but did amazingly well. There were a few tears because he had to get a shot of anesthesia, but he was ok. Emily and Alaethia, of course, were fine. Emily’s only got gums LOL. Alaethia got lectured on how important it is to brush her teeth from both the dentist and myself LOL. I have so much trouble with her top teeth sometimes because she’s screaming!

The boys had TKD that night, so they got ready and we went. Jaylen kept messing with his lip because it was still numb. He kept saying it felt like cotton. During TKD they were practicing kicks (pi-chagis) and Eenan was his partner. Jaylen was holding the bag and one time Eenan kicked too high and the bag hit Jaylen in the face. Well he busted his lip just a teeny bit, but of course Jaylen started touching his lip with his hands. I don’t even want to imagine all the germs that are crawling around the bags and floor since everyone touches them (which he was touching while they stretched) but by the time we got home half an hour later, his lip was HUGE and swollen. It was the weirdest thing! We called Elda over, since she works at the office, and asked her advice. She said to give him Motrin for the inflammation and take him to the doctor the next day.

Mary got the boys ready and took them to school, like she usually does (she’s a saint, I tell you), and let me know Jaylen’s lip still pretty much looked the same. Mom had a really early appointment, so I got the girls ready and we went straight to Mission. I read my book “Tribulation Force” while the girls slept and finished it, finally. I couldn’t believe the end. It almost seemed kind of “fast”, like the author just wanted to finish the book already or something.

I did some housework and waited for Jaylen to call, but he didn’t so I assumed he was alright. When I picked them up from school that afternoon the first thing I asked him was to show me his lip. It wasn’t any worse, but it didn’t look at all better so I asked Mario to take him to the doctor while I was at TKD and I’d meet them there. He threw a fit about having to take them and not knowing what to do (it doesn’t take a genius!) but said he’d take him.

I went to my class, got out and when I got home almost had a coronary because Mario STILL hadn’t taken Jaylen to the doctor. So there, I go, changing and freshening up as fast as I could to make it on time before they stopped seeing patients. Of course we got there late. By the time we got there we were already 10 minutes late, but the girls at the office are so cool with me and let us in. The doctor wasn’t in; he’d already left for the day, but they took a pic of Jaylen’s lip, gave a description of it and what happened and the doctor diagnosed him and faxed a prescription to the pharmacy. Technology’s the best!

We got back from the pharamcy, went to Jaylen’s reading night for about 30 minutes and he got to test on 1 book. We got home, I made dinner, helped with home work and watched Biggest Loser. Man, I love that show. So inspiring that I did an additional workout of 150 situps, 100 crunches, 40 lunges, 20 pushups, 20 squats & a cool down, of course.

I showered and even though it was super cold outside, I bundled up, bundled up Emily (Alaethia stayed inside watching Noggin) and Mario bundled up so we could watch the Leonid (sp?) meteor shower. I was determined to FINALLY see a falling star for once in my life!

Mario brought out his thick army blanket Jason gave him, and his sleeping bag and backed the truck up so we could lay in it. We were super warm. The only thing missing was hot chocolate! We lay in the back of the truck and finally, finally, for the first time ever, I saw TWO falling stars! I was so happy. Wish I could have caught it on camera or something :(. It was a lovely night.

Leave a Reply